And then I found it! It turned out that my app was searching not today's date, but a month ago. Most of the information was the same, but some was missing. The reason for this was that I pretty late in the project removed the ASAP I had used before and instead used a date field, automatically filled in with a date, that should have been today's, but was actually a month ago.
And the reason for this is how Android Calendar work:
- calendar.get(Calendar.MONTH) will get you the month number where January is month zero
- calendar.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH) will get you the day of the month, where the first day is one