Saturday, May 10, 2014

New app published

Today I published a new app on Google play: Skåne Transport

It is an app for Local Transport in my home region, Skåne in the south of Sweden. It helps you find trains and busses (and perhaps ferrys) when travelling in Skåne and to adjacent regions like Copenhagen, Göteborg etc.

From a user perspective I have had two goals for the app:

  1. It should be easy to search. You should be able to do most of your searches without typing. I do this by keeping history, making it easy to add favorites and having a preloaded list of the most important stations with the app when it is installed. The user also has the option to use her current location.
  2. The information should be as accurate as possible. If I have information about delays, the app shows te delayed time rather than the one from the timetable (colored in red so that it should be clear for the user that there is a delay)
I'm pretty satisfied with the result. Let's see what the users think.

No comments: